Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mom Always Be True!

Image courtesy of darrenjsylvester's photostream

This coming Monday, while most will gear up for the school or work week ahead, an old friend of mine would rather delete it from the calendar. And I will readily help her too. You see, she is being summoned to a den of hungry wolves - a pack of publicity seeking creatures hiding under the guise of questing for justice. She is suppose to shed light on matters that can affect our integrity as a nation. Quite a herculean task for a lady huh?

Let me backpedal a little. I do not have any concern about the beleaguered person of which this circus is about nor do I have any fondness for the monkey king behind this circus. I am just an ordinary citizen who gets entertained by the so-called news on all media outlets. But when my friend was ordered to the box, it became personal! And to find out that black propaganda was being circulated against her, I was aghast and devastated! How can some people spit out terrible lies and just go about as if they haven't already destroyed other people's lives?! So vile.

My friend is just a regular gal. Like you and me, she is a loving wife and working mom. She is dedicated to her job but still finds time for longtime high school friends like me. Now, her professional integrity is being compromised because she was just doing her job. Most probably the wolves will push her against the wall  - them who already cast the first stones. Not content with their main prey, these wolves drag innocent bystanders into their fray, mindless of the havoc they have caused in their wake! Such evilness.

Of which prayer has immense power over it. Yes, I am humbly asking you to say a short prayer for my friend: Dear Lord, grant Belle the strength to withstand the pressure of being cross-examined. Protect her from the lies of detractors and merciless media exposure. And guide her to do what is right and true. In your most precious name, we pray. Amen.

Thank you very much. That really meant a lot... Now, walk tall with God, my dearest friend! 

3 comments:

  1. I think she handled it well and I salute her for being unafraid to say the truth...I admire the bravery and integrity of Ilonggos (except Tupas right now) especially Annabelle Tiongson! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she handled it very well and I trust she has the integrity of telling the truth, sometimes, no matter how much the pressure will be....I salute her temerity! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did very very well!

    ReplyDelete